<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bad habits 

Okay, if you've been reading this blog, you know that life in Hamburgerland is currently busy. So, with all the demands on my time, you'd think simplifying things would be a no-brainer, right? You'd think that when looking at what things to jettison, an hour+ sitting and talking with webloggers would be atop the list, especially since I can always just read their blogs. I admit that I did consider blowing off tonight's weblogger meetup, but that was only because I was in the middle of a big Photoshop assembly. But I went anyway, seeing how we were to discuss the new, belly-ache-inducing Meetup.com organizer fees and that Tom Reynolds, a London-based weblogger would be present. (Of course, there was no "discussion"--Anita has the whole thing under control-- and while I did see the aforementioned Mr. Reynolds, I never really said anything to him or even eavesdropped on any of his conversations. I did check out his blog though. Good readin')

It was another fun evening with a larger crowd than the past few months. (13 people maybe?) Jack made up for last month by talking some science fiction from the get go. He told me about an amusing and addictive Darth Vader blog and gave me his two cents on the current Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie. I was able to ask Tommy Williams about how the latest version of Photoshop is working for him. (I'm sure it won't be coming to my desktop for anumber of months.) While there are some nice new features, it seems like Tommy already has developed superior workarounds for all of them. Typical. And I also was able to see and read a copy of the fabled Bellevue Reporter article. Have to say that I'm glad I went. Though next time I have to learn the art of getting out of my seat and talking to all the people who attend.

Anyway, you'd think that with all the demands on my time, and the fact that I worked late to make up for a one hour, twenty minute lunch, that writing a meetup report would be atop my list of things to jettison, right? sigh. Guess I'm just a creature of habit. I don't know what I'll do come September. Maybe lie and pretend that I went to the meetup....