<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's just a dream 

I had an odd dream the other day. I went to work--at my old company, Bloatmeal. It wasn't really my old workplace, of course, but more like an odd dream version of the same. It was a very nice space, all carpeted and nicely furnished. The work stations were sort of set up like a classroom, with banks of three desks arranged in rows. For some reason, I had brought my wife along. She wanted to use one of the computers for some purpose. One of my erstwhile co-workers, Mike, was sitting by the door and he quickly arranged it so it looked like he was using the vacant computer next to him. This annoyed Noodles to no end, but I encouraged her to forget it and find another station. Then, out of the blue, I realized that I no longer worked there. "Oh, @#$#^$! I'm at the wrong job!" I exclaimed. With a sinking feeling, I realized that I should be at my new workplace and that there was no way I could make it back to South Seattle by 7:00. Then, mercifully, I woke up and discovered that I could go back to the sleep and make it to work in plenty of time.

Labels: , ,