<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 02, 2007

No. 1 Punjabi 

Awright, awright. I'm blogging. Well, writing anyway. I have been so brain dead when it comes to writing, the best I can manage is book reviews. And even those are lacking in thoughtfulness. (Well, in my defense I should point out that the latest books I've finished have been comic strip collections. Most people couldn't analyze those too deeply.) Is it a sign that it's time to move on from my blogging craze? Gee, I hope not. I really enjoy attending the Weblogger meetups.

So anyway, it's Sunday night and I'm sitting at my reconstituted desk, with Bollywood videos playing in the background. Bollywood is a new craze. (Hey, I'm back in the U.S.A., so I can link to Wikipedia!) I first started hearing the songs on"The Spice Route" on KBCS, but never got around to buying any CDs. In China, oddly enough, I got my chance. The dance group we got involved with danced to a few Bollywood tunes and when we attempted to buy our own copies of the dance music, we managed to snag disc of Bollywood tunes. (Of course, the disc is a VCD rather than a regular CD, and doesn't work on our CD player, but that's a problem for another day) So now that the dust of relocating has settled somewhat, I unpacked another bit of China and am trying to fit it into a new life in America.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where this particular craze goes. The videos seem a trifle corny, but then I find I tend to like musicals better than I should. I suppose I might even see if I can find some Bollywood films with English subtitles. Like I've got time to do that. Ah, well. Maybe once I finish watching all the Farscape episodes...

Labels: , ,