<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Vacation? 

Day three of our Sauerkraut training

More of the same, only different. Today the focus was on cultural issues--becoming aware of our own cultural biases and preparing for the inevitable conflict with our host country's culture.

Today I was thinking that it's almost scary how much I'm enjoying this--the people, the mental challenge, the more relaxed family time, the midwest summer weather. I'm even enjoying getting up early in the morning. I've long considered sunrise to be a beautiful part of the day, but working second shift for the past 12 years has meant that the sun rises in the middle of my night. Scary to think that in two months it will change.

We're still working hard, but it seems that the stress is fading. From Bloatmeal's perspective, I am on vacation. It seems like vacation from my perspective, too.