<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I'll get all my papers... 

...and smile at the sky.

I've heard from The Opposite End of China that the Chinese government wants all websites and blogs registered by the end of the month. Further investigation led me to 計算器 where I discovered that Blogspot is already blocked for people living in the good ol' Peoples' Republic. Hmmmm. I had seen on the China Blog List that some blogs were blocked in China, but I never gave it much thought. Actually, contemplating the future of Hamburgerland has been rather low on my priorities. I mean, I've been aware that I might have to stop or radically transform my blogging life once we make the move overseas, but I've never taken that thought to heart. I've been going along assuming that it would be business as usual, with the possible exception of dropping a couple of links on the sidebar that might offend PRC sensibilities. I'll have to give this one a bit more serious thought in the weeks to come, from the availability of blogging tools to the ethics of maintaining the blog itself. On one hand, I do want to be a good guest and follow all the rules, even if my sensibilities get a bit offended. I can always continue to write, but broadcasting it in a weblog is just a luxury. On the other hand, blogging is a nice luxury and I would be quite tempted to use whatever loopholes I could to indulge myself. One more thing to do....