<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Meetup report 

Went to the East Side Weblogger's Meetup tonight. (So did these folks) I wish I could think of something witty to say about it, but my brain is tired. It keeps asking if it can go home yet and if we can stop and get cupcakes on the way. However, tradition demands that I write something about the meetup. Upon reflection, 'tis a silly tradition, but a tradition nonetheless. Anyway, the report...

Um, well, we had a larger turnout than previous meetups. Instead of being overwhelmed with tech-speak, I actually met some folks who knew about pre-press! As a result I had an actual chatter moment, blamming about trapping and pdf files. I know, what a waste of a perfectly good chatter moment. Oh, well. The rest of the conversation, at least at my end of the table, was rather general. Nice folks, a nice way to spend an hour.

On the way back to work, I was mildly surprised to realize how comfortable I have gotten with the whole thing. There was no anxiety about talking to strangers, no fears about appearing like a technological lightweight or neophyte blogger. I suppose I felt the same last time. Perhaps there's some deep psychological insight to be gained here, but I doubt if I'll analyze it long enough to figure it out.