<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 04, 2005

I'd hammer in the morning 

Where has this week gone? It seems like I have accomplished zilch. Well, actually, I've been doing a lot of things, except the big thing on my list--preparing my tax return. Just haven't been able to eke out the desk time. And of course, I also volunteered to put in some weekend overtime. That may sound stupid, but in addition to my new computer (which is now fixed, by the way), I have to pay for a new porch. Late last year, we had arranged to have our carpenters of choice, Johnson Bros. Construction, to replace the porch. .... um, just a minute. I guess I don't have to work this weekend. Golly, we must have been quite the busy beavers this evening. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. We got a call from the Bros. way too early Monday morning and our assigned carpenter has been coming in way too early every day since Wednesday to tear down the old porch and raise up the new. I've been trying to leave work and get home on time, in order not to lose too much sleep. It's sort of worked.... but I think I'm going to be rather cranky for the next couple weeks.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to take advantage of my newly awarded weekend.