<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Onward corporate soldiers 

I forgot to mention that we Bloatmeal employees got our first communication from our new overlords. Let's call the new company Wombatsch. Mr. Wombatsch, the President and CEO sent all of us an e-mail--actually a pdf file attached to a mail from the Bloatmeal CEO. (Don't worry, he's not out of a job. At least not yet. He's playing a key role in the transition.) Basically he says that they are ready to begin the assimilation process. He ends with the comforting words "I look forward to working with all of you as we strive to secure our position as the global leader in our industry." Actually, I'd just be content to do my job well, make some money and then go home. (Okay, I might use the company's high speed internet connection to do some surfing before I go home, but you get the idea.)