<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Holiday twilight 

And so ends the holiday season. Tomorrow it's back to work, back to school, back to paying bills, back to dieting. For once, my family is in tune with the rest of the culture because today we had Bunnah's birthday party--the practical end of our year end/beginning celebrations. (She still gets some presents and a birthday dinner at a restaurant on her actual birthday, but the big hoohah has finished.) This year all the child wanted was toys and so that's all she got. We had lots of fun playing with them.

Oh, and for some bizarre reason, we didn't get enough free calendars for 2005, so I'm actually going to have to go and buy myself one. It's a joy, because I can choose whatever I want, but then again, I'll have to find something I'll actually like. I should just make my own. I've got that "Pylons of the Northwest" calendar idea gathering dust on the mental shelf. I should do that before any more of my high school friends die off, because they're the only ones who'd get the joke. Maybe next year....