<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004

That day is done 

Wow, another productive weekend. I had wanted to write something substantial (well, relatively) about the whole "Hell House" schtick. Instead I did other things and now I'm too tired. Oh, well, maybe later this week.

So what did I do? Well, I managed to make a serious dent in a pile of papers that have been accumulating since summer and rearranged a few boxes full of comics to make room for new aquisitions. In the process, I decided to divest myself of almost all my accumulated Green Lantern comics. I don't know if this is the first step in making drastic reductions before China, or just an anomaly. We'll see. Of course, all I did was move them into the spare bedroom with the other piles of comics I plan on discarding. Actually selling them is a whole 'nudder matter, as long as I continue to nurture delusions of getting more than, say, a quarter per issue for them. I suppose the X-Men issues might go for 50¢.

I also managed to go to the company "Oktoberfest" this afternoon. 'Twas very sparsely attended, mostly by first shift management types. Why, I don't know. Maybe it was the lack of beer. (Cursed corporate policies!) I exchanged a few pleasantries, but to be honest, I felt about as comfortable there as I did at last week's weblogger meetup, where I knew no one. But hey, it's only the third company function I've patronized in the 12 years I've worked there, so I can't complain if it's not my crowd. It was a nice park, with good food and beautiful weather.

On a more somber note, I heard this morning that a brother of a friend of mine attempted suicide. He failed, thank God. But as you might imagine, there's still plenty things to pray about for him and his family.