<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 18, 2004

The witching hour... 

What the heck is going on here? Today was a red letter day, the day I got that long hoped for e-mail in which our production manager said that there was no overtime this weekend and that next week everybody should work their regular shift. After four months of them asking for 10 hour days. And so, here it is, heading towards 1 am on Saturday morning and I'm... working? Why the heck did I volunteer for this? I mean sure, fixing these different carton versions is relatively nice, allowing chunks of exporting time during which I can listen to NerdRock and read about Jules Verne movies, but I have to get up in the morning! I need to hit the ground running in the AM if I'm going to get the kids ready, make the prayer meeting and then hit the library sale. (sigh.) I really need to learn how to make realistic time estimates...