<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Looking back 

I filled out my class reunion reply form this weekend. Well, when I say "my" I mean my form, not my class. The reunion itself is actually for the class of '79. But they kindly invited the classes of '74 through '81 to join the party. Why this is, I don't know. Maybe it's because we all went to a small school and they thought that if they invited other classes, they would have to pony up less beer money. Or maybe they just think we're a wonderful group of people. I don't know. I also don't know why they decided to stop with '81. (The class of '74 was the first class to graduate from good ol' VLHS) I should pull out my yearbook and see if there were any bozos in the class of '82....

Oh, yeah, I should get to the point, weak as it is. (Don't you hate it when bloggers start writing just to have a post instead of waiting until they have something substantial to say?) I filled out my little form and one of the questions was titled "Highlights of the past 25 years." I started jotting down events and once I got past the standard graduation-marriage-kids-starting a weblog, I realized that my highlights were pretty trivial. I mean, sure it was great to get an inflatable Godzilla for my brithday in '86, but I haven't inflated it in years. Not really a spectacular event. But then I thought, why the heck do you have to have a bunch of spectacular events in your life? On the list, I had described my first post-graduation job as "discovering the real world." That's really how I'd like to describe my life. There's always something new around the corner. It may be a life-shaking event, or merely an afternoon's diversion. Whatever it is, I'm curious and can't wait to see it.