<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Don't forget to write 

Ah, so much to say, so little time in which to type it. 'Tis just as well--most of it would probably come out as tedious or ill-informed. I did type up a review of The Purpose DrivenĀ® Life which I shall format for this forum soon. Most of you probably won't care, but I'm inclined to proclaim my opinions on it since I've had to hear so many people praising it to me. Oh, and I should probably pass on the good news: Mama-san is in the penthouse again, as the spot on Hamburger Dad's kidney is merely a cyst and his lymph nodes are cancer free. One lesson in communication to be learned: the cancer doctor mentioned to Mama-san that they wouldn't bother with chemotherapy because of my Dad's age. She thought he meant that they weren't going to treat him because of his age. (What? 71 is not old!)(At least not as old as it was 20 years ago...) What he actually meant was that they would normally give chemo to younger patients in an attempt to prevent a recurrence in say 30 years or so, but for my dad, they wouldn't bother. Of course, I wouldn't complain if he hung around past age 100....